Kumudini Women’s Medical College (KWMC) was established within the umbrella of Kumudini Welfare Trust in 2001. The aim is to materialize the dream of the founder by enrolling enthusiastic, dedicated and academically gifted female students who would pursue education which meet their needs and respond to the demand and opportunities of medicine, science, ethics and public policy. KWMC therefore recruits academically outstanding and culturally diverse students from Bangladesh and beyond. The college creates a rich supportive environment in which all students can attain their educational goals.
The college is committed to providing excellent medical education programs that produce skilled, compassionate and caring physicians who are proficient in the science and art of medicine, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the profession and committed to a lifetime of continued learning.
The goal of the college is to provide an excellent broad based education with a focus on professional development for the students to equip them with knowledge, skill and attitude necessary not only to address the priority of community but also to acquire a firm basis for future training and studies in medical science.
The Key objectives include:
- To produce competent, committed and caring female medical and dental graduates who will be willing to serve the community and at the same time acquire a firm basis for overcoming the shortage of doctors in the country.
- To provide with more practical knowledge about the basic health care and to inculcate the spirit of dedication in medical service so that they devote themselves to the service of the distressed people in the country and beyond.
- To promote widespread sprit in medical students so that they are motivated for a complete devotion towards growth and development in knowledge skills and attitude including attainments in higher studies, research and excellence.
Affiliations of the Medical College:
Kumudini Women’s Medical College has been accorded:
- Permission by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and Affiliation by the University of Dhaka.
- Recognition by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM & DC).
- Listing on International Medical Education Directory- FAIMER, USA, which will enable our graduates to appear at international competitive entrance examination abroad.